Is it true a 13yr lifting to heavy a dumbell is detrimental rather than helpful.how can I explain this to mum who doesn t care or understand?

My brother is 13 and is very much overweight, I think he definitely weighs over 9st and probably over 10st. He has mental health problems and has rarely left the house in the last two years or so and does absolutely no exercise at all. And he eats all the food in the house so there is nothing for me and my older... show more My brother is 13 and is very much overweight, I think he definitely weighs over 9st and probably over 10st. He has mental health problems and has rarely left the house in the last two years or so and does absolutely no exercise at all. And he eats all the food in the house so there is nothing for me and my older brother to eat and our mum doesnt say anything and says I should stop focusing on what he eats, but it is really becoming a problem, and I am worried about him. Anyway last night he apparently decided that he wanted to start exercising and all that. We have four sets of dumbells 1.5kg 2kg 3kg and 5kg. And my plan this summer, cause I m not exactly fit either, was to properly start a work out routine cause I started it last summer I felt much better with myself but I stopped and haven t been able to start because he is always coming into my room and won t leave me alone. So I know how to lift dumbells properly and started out light and worked my way up, but I also did pushup s and other stuff first, like it is recommended. Anyway he is a little **** who gets everything and I lent him the 1.5kg and 2kg weights to start him off. But he doesn t want to use them and he is starting straight off with the 5kg weights and I read that 13yr should only start with 5pounds max otherwise it can really **** up his muscles cause he won t have proper form and he won t be used to weight or any exercise at all. Is this right and how can I explain to mum cause she doesn t seem to care