Heck asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 3 years ago

I was pushed down into my rights (splits) and my leg popped.?

For the dance team I m in, having our right splits is mandatory so we stretch everyday for them. Yesterday was about the 1 month mark since stretching so they started pushing the ones who didn t have their splits down. I was probably 3 inches off the ground and fortunately for me while I was being pushed down I wasn t in a lot of pain so I was pretty calm. But when I was being pushed down something popped in my leg near my butt and I ve been limping. It hurt more today when I woke up and since I need to stretch everyday to get lower, I stretched just now and tried my splits but now I m about 5 or 6 inches off the ground and it s really frustrating because if I just had them. I ve been icing it since yesterday too to help it.

you hyper extended a ligament it's gonna take a couple days to heal but you should be fine so long as you don't push yourself too hard. if you go to stretch and you hear a slurping/ripping noise stop what you're doing, sit down and check yourself over by slowly moving/flexing each muscle group then your legs as a whole if everything is ok and still working ask for some ice and place it on the area you felt the event occur and take the rest of the day off until you can be sure you didn't tear a muscle.

Swollen/ripped tendon/ligament. This will (probably) take a while to heal. Hopefully it does not require medical intervention. I'm guessing the issue is with the tendon on the ball joint of the femur where it attaches to the pelvis.

*not certain which muscles and tendons are involved here.