New Work Partner Just Lost My 500 Dollar Camera?

Camera looks like it's a 100 dollar camera and I'm sure that's what he thought when I let him use it. It's an rx100 m3 with scratches all over it but I paid for it in that condition for 500 dollars. I didn't let him know that before he used it and he ended up using another camera probably... show more Camera looks like it's a 100 dollar camera and I'm sure that's what he thought when I let him use it. It's an rx100 m3 with scratches all over it but I paid for it in that condition for 500 dollars. I didn't let him know that before he used it and he ended up using another camera probably thinking that this one was crap. Well I asked him where it was at and I'm pretty sure he lost it on accident in one of the work vans. We're both young and rooming at a summer camp together so I want to have a good friendship but what do I do if he lost it? That camera is worth as much as he will be paid almost the whole summer so I'm sure he won't have nearly enough to compensate for it?
Update: He found it! Whew that was close, thanks for the advice guys!