Should I become an actor or a writer?

I want to become either an actor or a writer. Like I was writing even at an early age but I never tried to get anything published. I took a break from writing and decided to give acting a chance because I attended a drama school and was told that I'm a good actor. But I found acting to be quite tough so I'm now back doing the writing and I'm currently writing a children's fantasy book. I know acting and writing are both competitive fields but if you ask me, I think acting is much more competitive because you're in competition with literally hundreds (or even thousands) of people who want to be discovered. I know this because when I was trying to become an actor, I got rejected at pretty much every audition that I went to. And I think I'm better-off doing writing even though I know it's very hard to get a book published but most people that I've showed my book to, seem to enjoy it. So I guess that's a good sign.

You could pursue both. But you can't really decide to become a professional actor/writer who's paid enough to quit your day job, some things are just out of your control. All you can decide to do is to pursue. Honestly, I think you could really use some more research, training, practice, and unbiased feedback before you can make a wise decision. Your reasons are pretty lame and you have too many but's. Honestly, I'm not sure you should pursue anything like that.

neither. ew.

• Cogito

You're extremely unlikely to make any money at either.

Getting published is very difficult.

Getting paid work as an actor is also incredibly difficult.

Of course you can write and act - but make sure you have another career to work alongside both - you'll need it.

To be a writer, your English would have to be much better than it appears to be, judging by your question.

"Like I was writing even at an early age" - that's appalling English!

And just because some people tell you that they like your stories, that doesn't mean anything.

There are hundreds of thousands of writers applying to literary agencies all the time - just as many as actors applying to talent agencies.

Follow your heart. If you think "I don't think I'll do well here." Then choose the other. In writing, it takes up to 30 years for one book sometimes. In acting, some people never get in. Just choose wisely.

• no

• notned

Chances are you won't be hugely Sucessfull at either so try both.

What about becoming a dentist?