Abs light came on after I replaced my wheel bearing. Tried cleaning the sensor, erasing it with my scanner and change the sensors.?

I erase the abs light with my scanner as soon as I drive 10ft it comes back in. I swap the right with my left sensor to see it it's the sensor and it still says right abs. I take the sensor out and cleaned it and nothing. I get a code saying (right front wheel electrical noise or intermittent interruption and modulator control unit initial IG low voltage)

Did you compare your new and old wheel bearing before you installed it? Did the old one have a tone ring on it and the new one does not?

• Dan B

Check the wire harness to the sensor. May need cleaning of the connector contacts. You may have damaged the connector or cause a wire to come loose in the connector.

How about telling us WTF kind of vehicle this is so if there are any mechanic TSB's we can alert you to them! If it's GM mad vehicle they have problems with the intermediate harness from the wheel speed sensor connector to the main harness.

If it's an import it may be the wheel bearing installed backwards or if it has a tone ring on the axle one of the fins may be broken.

Since you don't give us the actual code number you may have a bad ABS pump unit too. Learn how to post critical info that is needed.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Bearing is either in backwards or you got a non-ABS bearing.

Wiring problem

You've proved it is not the sensor. It is a problem with the bearing/hub, either you've fitted the wrong one or it is misfitted.

The bearing is probably pressed in backwards. One side of it has the magnetic reluctor just under the grease seal. Go to the parts store and ask to look at another bearing, make sure it's for an ABS car. Take the bearing out of the box and try to pick up a straight pin or needle with both sealed sides, if one side picks up the pin that side must face the sensor.

• Nomadd

You might just have the gap wrong. It needs to be less than 1/16th inch.

The wheel bearing is critical to ABS operation

Did you replace just the bearing or the whole hub?

If it was the hub you may have fitted a none ABS hub.

The distance sensor to hub is also critical

This is why a failing bearing will often light the ABS light

If the bearings are not spot on you will see ABS issues

OEM bearings?

Cheap bearings can do this.

Bearings not quite properly fitted can do this.

Did you use a correct press to fit them?

All this matters!