Hi. Can I sell my carrier locked phone if my contract is still active but my service is off?

Well I have fallen on hard times and need some money. So I was thinking of selling my phone. I have not paid my cell bill in about 3 months so the service for it is turned off but the contract is still active. Can I sell my phone as a locked phone to a phone purchasing service in this situation? I also must... show more Well I have fallen on hard times and need some money. So I was thinking of selling my phone. I have not paid my cell bill in about 3 months so the service for it is turned off but the contract is still active. Can I sell my phone as a locked phone to a phone purchasing service in this situation?

I also must mention that I can not pay my past due bill as I have no money to pay it. That is the whole reason I am selling the phone to begin with.