Is singing genetic or can you train your voice to sing well?

Alright I live in the backside of nowhere, my nearest town is about 30 minutes away and then its another 2 hours to my nearest city. After looking online for singing instructors I found one in my nearest city, it was expensive and I felt no different, I learned how my throat works and how to sing on a scale and how... show more Alright I live in the backside of nowhere, my nearest town is about 30 minutes away and then its another 2 hours to my nearest city. After looking online for singing instructors I found one in my nearest city, it was expensive and I felt no different, I learned how my throat works and how to sing on a scale and how not to damage my voice, I stopped going because it was time consuming and expensive and I have other duties to fulfil, so yea that brings us up to date with you lovely people.
I'm very nervous about my singing and really only sing in the shower when nobody's around. In my opinion I'm not bad, its fun and the more I do it the more confident I get. I am in no way shape or form dreaming about becoming a pop star or making a living from singing but I do however dream about being good at it, if that makes sense, long story short I would love to be a good singer and maybe join a musical opera society or something I dont know, I love opera like il divo or Andrea bocelli or placido domingo. I'm wondering if its possible for me to train myself to sing good like them or is it genetic or what can I do.

Also i dream about being an extremely smart person who knows 7 languages and is married to a super model with a great personality and having more than 15 pounds to my name so yeah if you think the rest is stupid i dont care ha, meanwhile im typing this hoping my data wont run out, peace out and cheers for reading