Replaced toilet on ceramic tile bathroom. Now it is leaking. Now what?

My biyfriend insisted he has installed and replaced well over 10 toilets in his life. I allowed him to do this project. Wishing I hadn t now. Got the old toilet out and put in new one. Included putting in ew wax seal, etc. Thought everything was good-- notced leaking in my basement. Took off the toilet and... show more My biyfriend insisted he has installed and replaced well over 10 toilets in his life. I allowed him to do this project. Wishing I hadn t now. Got the old toilet out and put in new one. Included putting in ew wax seal, etc. Thought everything was good-- notced leaking in my basement. Took off the toilet and realized that the ceramic tlle was higher than the subfloor. We used another wax ring, and original as putty and covered up the spaces. Re-installed. Longer time to leak but still leaking. Turned water off for now. What else can I do ?