Please help me with this turmoil that is eating me up.?

Hi I am 17 and just about to enter college. I am good in studies and all that. Now here s the thing. Few months ago I heard someone talking about going after their dreams and I kinda gave it a deep thought on what I really wanted to do. I realised that I have always wanted to become an EDM music producer but never gave it a serious thought. From that moment onwards all I really was thinking about EDM and music while still continuing my studies. I talked about this to my family members but they heavily criticized the idea. What should I do? Should I start working secretly on it in my college days?

Thank you.

Focus on school right now. If you have free time try making/practicing on your music. Make a SoundCloud and post your music on there so others can listen. If it's good you could get popular and do EDM full-time, if not you still have your college to fall back on.

The problem is that fewer than 1 in a thousand folks succeed in the music industry. The rest are flipping burgers or are waiting on tables. Your family wants you to become independent and self-sufficient and this is not likely to happen in the musical field.

• Jack

college is the best place to do it..Dont worry about what making a life commitment just yet...go to a BASIC college..take basic courses and a few classes that interests you...then start going to night clubs, getting a vibe and networking with other djs..oh and try to learn the program..uh...dang...i forgot what it is..but its the best it allows you to alter sounds and mix music together

• Chris

Idk what EDM is, but if you really want it, don't let anything stop you.

HELL YEA MAN!!!! Go for it! Its what you like to do! Please yourself by doing what you love to do. Time will pass and youll get stuck with a degree you didnt even like, school debt, a bitchy wife and kids, youll have an 8-5 scheduele and youll be all miserable thinkning mmmhhh what if only I would of done what I want to to and not what others wanted me to be i could of been happier.