Question about Organ Donation?

I was watching Infowars (The Alex Jones Show) and Alex Jones said that if a person says that they are an organ donar (i.e. on your driver's license) that the doctors don't have to save you and the doctors get paid for harvesting your organs if you die - is that true? My wife died in 2006 and I didn't... show more I was watching Infowars (The Alex Jones Show) and Alex Jones said that if a person says that they are an organ donar (i.e. on your driver's license) that the doctors don't have to save you and the doctors get paid for harvesting your organs if you die - is that true? My wife died in 2006 and I didn't feel that the doctors did anything to try to save her and I wondered if what Alex Jones said was true - she had made it clear that she wanted to be an organ donor, and they tried to use her organs after she died but none of them were usable. The thought that doctors get paid when someone dies when it is their job to save people's lives and they have a financial incentive for someone to die is absolutely sickening.
2 answers 2