How do I deal with being homesick?

I just moved out of my parents' house and in with my sister and brother in law. It's been about 5 days and I'm already really wanting to move back. I thought I'd be happy to move out of the small condo we've lived in for the past decade into this slightly bigger townhouse and not have my parents... show more I just moved out of my parents' house and in with my sister and brother in law. It's been about 5 days and I'm already really wanting to move back. I thought I'd be happy to move out of the small condo we've lived in for the past decade into this slightly bigger townhouse and not have my parents telling what to do or hearing them argue. But I'm not. I miss my home, I miss my parents, our dog (even though I have a cat of my own), my room etc. (plus I'm facing some inconveniences worse than any back at my parents') This is supposed to just a short two months. But that just seems too long. Yet even though I could pay for it (cause I got whatever took all my stuff) I just can't imagine how they would react to me wanting to leave after not even a week. And it's not like I can't go see my parents almost every day as we're only 7 miles away. But still, I really want to go back...
2 answers 2