Am I a jerk/monster?

A girl I've been talking to for a few months recently got out of an abusive relationship and naturally isn't ready for a new one. However she loves talking and hanging out with me and I really like her and I've made that clear. However she either isn't interested in me (yet or at all) or is highly... show more A girl I've been talking to for a few months recently got out of an abusive relationship and naturally isn't ready for a new one. However she loves talking and hanging out with me and I really like her and I've made that clear. However she either isn't interested in me (yet or at all) or is highly confused. I really want to wait for her to be ready but I know anything negative in my favor can happen and although she likes being my friend I'm not sure how long I can wait before stop talking with her altogether but at the same time I'd feel awful for leaving her cold turkey and never speaking with her again. Yet I hate that she literally used me as a cuddle buddy (we cuddled in the night) and I spent so much on her on four "not-dates". I'm trying real hard not to turn into the next "nice guy" stereotype but I really want a girlfriend and not just a friend. Am I an asshole for this?
2 answers 2