What's sufficient proof of evidence against egging?

Let's say this is all a made up story and we're acting like it's real. My buddy egged a car, in Iowa, while he was driving, with the people in their car. The egg he believes hit the drivers window but didn't crack or break it. That car followed him and got his license plates. Two days later the... show more Let's say this is all a made up story and we're acting like it's real. My buddy egged a car, in Iowa, while he was driving, with the people in their car. The egg he believes hit the drivers window but didn't crack or break it. That car followed him and got his license plates. Two days later the insurance company called him and asked him about it and he denied it so they sent the case to someone else, not sure who but he said it's someone trying to get both sides of the story. That person called him and said he had one witness, my friend believes it was the person in the car with the guy he egged. Is one witness enough evidence to charge? What if there's no damage to the car? What if there is but it could have been prevented had he just washed it off right then and there? My friend is 20 and this happened in Iowa. He has a perfect record and swears he'll never do it again. Does there have to be video evidence to convict him or is one witness enough? If he is convicted what is likely to happen to him? I know what CAN happen to him but what is LIKELY to happen to him? It was just one egg.
4 answers 4