What are privacy and bedroom rights for a 16 year old?

I'm just about a month away from turning 16 and for the past 4 years, my mother will not let me put a desk in my room (even though I would be paying for it, I have a job I'm not pathetic). Upon asking to put a desk in my room over and over, only just recently has she given me her "reason". She... show more I'm just about a month away from turning 16 and for the past 4 years, my mother will not let me put a desk in my room (even though I would be paying for it, I have a job I'm not pathetic). Upon asking to put a desk in my room over and over, only just recently has she given me her "reason". She told me that I have no privacy, except for when I'm on the toilet obviously and that my bedroom is for sleeping and even that is only my own private space while I'm sleeping. Other than that, I have no right to privacy.

I am beyond certain that this is very wrong. I deserve all rights to privacy in my own bedroom as a child and especially as a 16 year old student trying to get through highschool and anxiety. I need my own space to study, as I can never concentrate with even minor distractions. My mother is well aware of this but she claims that I'm not allowed my own space during the day and that I must be studying at a table downstairs; the dinner table. The worst possible place for someone like me to study.

Please respond with a good reference, thanks in advance.