What should I do if I know my old teacher is a paedophile?

When I was at school, I had this female teacher who I always thought was inappropriate with the students (swearing, supplying alcohol, talking about sexually explicit things). Around the time I was 16, I had a male friend who I was in class with. He was smart and excelled at this subject and one day for no reason, he dropped out and failed basically all his exams. Now, I started dating this guy who was best friends with him. We dated for 4 years and towards the end of our relationship, he confided in me that his best friend admitted that this teacher had molested him and it had been eating at him for years. She apparently tried to stroke his penis and take it out of his trousers before he ran off which is why he dropped out and failed everything. This information did not surprise me because I can imagine her doing something like that. I also believe him because he's been sitting on this for so long and it explains why he failed everything when he was a smart student. The only problem is, he doesn't know that I know, and my boyfriend and I are split up and I no longer have contact with him. Also me and this guy are not close enough that I can talk to him about it. I know that he told my ex he was thinking about coming forward but I haven't heard anything about it. What I'm worried about is her doing this to other kids and I can't sleep at night knowing she is getting away with it but I also can't tell anyone. Any advice?

You can only bring the issues to the principal or school board, issues you had direct knowledge of, I would confront the teacher directly first -- if nothing else to clear your conscience,

Well there is a thing called the Police for this.

• Him

If this is a true story, then you definitely need to make the authorities aware of this. There may be other victims or future victims out there. I would not only let the police know, but I would also contact the board of education or school superintendent and let them know of the allegations.