Why does a dog bite when he greets you?

I just want to understand my brother's girlfriend's dog who lives with us. When he greets you, he cries and barks, he jumps on you relentlessly. If you come at him to block him, he will just find another angle to jump on you and he bites you as he does it. It doesn't look as an attack but it still... show more I just want to understand my brother's girlfriend's dog who lives with us.

When he greets you, he cries and barks, he jumps on you relentlessly. If you come at him to block him, he will just find another angle to jump on you and he bites you as he does it. It doesn't look as an attack but it still hurts. He looks excited to see you.

If he doesn't get his way with you, he'll just start barking and biting my dog. Why is that? Can someone explain to me?

It seems the only way to calm him down is by literally always facing him as he comes to you, prevent him from jumping before he gets a chance, and follow him (as he will try to sneak on you from another angle) until he sits down and waits. But the issue with that is that he often will just bark relentlessly. At least he stopped jumping and biting. And if my dog is anywhere near (which he wants to because he wants to greet me too) her dog will just start attacking him. He's like that with everyone, not just me. I feel bad for my dog as he avoids greeting people and stays in his little corner alone more and more because of her dog.