Scotland voted to remain part of the UK- The UK voted to leave the EU- Is N. Sturgeon fighting for Scotland or to be President?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago
    Favourite answer

Nicola Sturgeon is fighting to enact the manifesto of her party, the SNP - independence for Scotland. She has a mandate from Scottish voters to do that. Where is Theresa May's mandate to abandon the Conservative Party's 2015 manifesto, and rule?

The situation in Scotland has changed since they voted to remain part of the UK.

One of the main arguments of the 'better together' campaign was that Scotland would do better remaining in the UK, so it could retain its EU membership. Since the Brexit vote, that no longer applies, even though the Scots voted heavily in favour of remaining in EU

It's reasonable to now go back to the Scottish people and ask them if they still feel the same now the promised continued EU membership won't happen. But Nicola Sturgeon would be foolish to go for another independence referendum, unless she has assurances from the EU that an independent Scotland would be granted EU membership

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

she wants to make the uk's brexit negotitions go really badly, which of course would make a vote to leave the uk itself much more compelling...

her dangerous gamble shall be making the lives of poorer scottish people much worse in the short term... politicians on a mission always cost the electors a lot of money they can ill afford to part with...

so what happens to brexit if the uk decides to dissolve itself first?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The scots are been treated like our colony who will do what they are told to do.

they voted to remain so Sturgeon is right to go for another referendum.

• 4 years ago

The Scots were fooled once by UK politicians - Do you think they will let it happen again seeing the direction May wants to take the country!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I hope scotland leaves The UK.. i cant stand the moaning haggis eaters. They will be out of the UK and out of europe , then let em see what the real world is like , when they have to pay all their own bills. and scronge of the rest of the UK

• 4 years ago

The result of the last referendum was based on what is now a lie

• ?
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

No not President, I'm no fan of Nicola Sturgeon and her independence politics, but I think she's doing what she is doing is for two reasons (if that makes sense).

One, her dream of an independent Scotland.

And two, because she thinks its the best course for Scotland to take.

There may be a third reason regarding her timing and there probably is but I'm not so sure its for the same reason that many think it is, anyway whatever, I can't fault her on her first "her dream", but on her second I think she's wrong "best course for Scotland to take", but we're see.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

We don't do presidents.

The SNPs main purpose is to have an independent Scotland.

She would be known as the Prime Minister,if that happens.

• 4 years ago

She wants to make the UK's brexit negotitions go really badly, which of course would make a vote to leave the UK itself much more compelling.

Her dangerous gamble will be making the lives of poorer Scottish people much worse in the short term. Politicians on a mission ALWAYS cost the electors a lot of money they can ill afford to part with.

So what happens to Brexit if the UK decides to dissolve itself first?

• 4 years ago

part of the argument put to the Scots, as part of the Scottish referendum was that Scotland was stronger in the EU as part of the UK.

Scotland overwhelmingly voted 'remain'

it is strange that 'leavophiles' want Scotland to be part of the UK and be controlled by a foreign parliament against the express wishes of the Scottish People

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.