Are atheists part of the Army of the Antichrist, preparing the way by enlisting as many followers as possible?

I promise I am not trying to be deliberately provocative. I just want to know from both theists and atheists how they are positioned in the spiritual conflict.

Thanks all. It seems the theists say "yes" and the atheists say, "if you don't believe in God, you don't believe in the Antichrist either." An absolutely valid point.

Don't confuse atheists with anti-theists. Atheists don't support anything, they just don't believe, full stop.

So now I'm part of an Army? I already retired from the Army a year ago and I was never a recruiter. :) Seriously though, I'm not here to persuade anyone to my way of thinking. Even if I could, YA is far from any platform to do it in. I personally know good people who are Theists. I may not agree with what they believe and even question it sometimes as to why, but I respect them personally and their beliefs.

To a fundie, thinking and intelligence is the antichrist.

Atheism has been around a lot longer than any religion.

Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of any deities - which includes the Antichrist (who is only one of dozens of imaginary gods).

An atheist does not believe that any fairy tales, whether from the Brothers Grimm or current day monotheism, are real because there is no evidence to support the assertion that they are. The "Antichrist" is just another boogeyman, Anubis, Fenris Wolf, etc. that throughout mythology will come to destroy the earth, blah, blah, burn, blah, blah.

An anti-theist points out the sociological, psychological and political machinations that religion has been using since the dawn of history to manipulate and control humanity, to create divisions and creed. Religion is how liars and village idiots can somehow find a vocation and claim false equality or superiority to their moral or intellectual betters. Anti-theists make no bones about how religion is detrimental to humanity.

At its core, modern day monotheism is the belief in an existence where everything you own, know and care about is given to you or taken away by the hand of an invisible (imaginary) all powerful master, which you fear and are forced to love, and at a certain point will reward you if you please them but you will forever fall short of being worthy -- sounds an awful lot like slavery. What makes the concept even more ludicrous is that this form of slavery is SELF-IMPOSED.

IF you want to know where the real problem is, base it off of demonstrable evidence. DEMONSTRABLE EVIDENCE can be replicated, and the data remains relatively consistent under the same conditions. E.g.

Do a google search for "Atheist sex offenders" (include quotes) and you will get : "8 results (0.51 seconds)"

Do a google search for "Christian sex offenders" (include quotes) and today you will get: "About 11,300,000 results (0.63 seconds)"

Upon reviewing the data, common sense indicates that atheists are NOT the problem.

• DosCentavos
      3 years agoReport

@Jon You cannot possibly define " truth" or "ability to choose" because in religion it all falls under the will and auspices of an imaginary totalitarian authority.

No.

As an atheist, I also don't find any compelling evidence for the antichrist character in the bible. However, you may want to posit this question to members of any other religion, since atheist make up a much smaller portion of the population. Remember, it's not just atheists who oppose your deity or version thereof....there are over 7 billion others, many of which "actively enlist as many followers as possible" as you say. Your "us vs. them" mentality should apply to the other dogmatic religions, not atheists (or in the situation you likely mean, anti-theists).

• iCanHelpSome
      3 years agoReport

unite the world under 1 government, currency, etc. would be the antichrist and would likely even see it as a good thing that could unite humanity rather than keeping it divisive. From a biblical perspective you would likely see us as pushing the devil's agenda (which some already see us as doing).

The antichrist is a christian superstition that was concocted for their unauthorized sequel called the new testament.

Atheists no longer believe in such ancient fairytales and your paranoia is simply getting the best of your wild imagination.

• jon pike
      3 years agoReport

I am sincere. I don't pretend to be an expert. I was just wondering how atheists viewed their role in Bible prophesies of the end times. The answers I'm getting (at least the non-offensive ones) are that if you don't believe in God or the Bible, then you don't believe in the end times prophesies.

• Caesar

I just honestly don´t believe in any of the invisible entities some people call gods we don't play on any Rangnarok game either... the definition of Antichrist is a person or force seen as opposing Christ or the Christian Church....so by that definition you can say that all those who follow Paul are also the Antichrist because Paul got a few of those...Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It Is Ok. Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No. Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy. Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth...so many Christians will be by that definition fit that definition...

You obviously don't know what the Antichrist is, nor do the fundies. Read the Bible, 1 John and 2 John. Antichrist only appears there, five times, and four of them were plurals.

• jon pike
      3 years agoReport

I think it means a personal opponent of Christ, expected to appear before the end of the world. As Caesar said earlier, a person or force seen as opposing Christ or the Christian Church. I was just wondering if atheists would side with that idea. I'm still collating the answer.

*Asks deliberately hateful question

"I swear guise im not tryin to be offensive!!!1!!"

Go fúck yourself.

• jon pike
      3 years agoReport

Your objection to the question is noted. Thank you.