My Girlfriend was Abused but She's too Clingy?

I'm 28, she's 27. Her first boyfriend severly abused her (sexually and physically), I'm her second boyfriend and she often gets scared of things and needs comforting. We had an argument earlier because she was scared of the storm outside, I told her it would be fine and we cuddled (she was crying on my... show more I'm 28, she's 27. Her first boyfriend severly abused her (sexually and physically), I'm her second boyfriend and she often gets scared of things and needs comforting.

We had an argument earlier because she was scared of the storm outside, I told her it would be fine and we cuddled (she was crying on my shoulder for about an hour). A few hours later, the weather calmed down and I had to go to work, she knew this but refused to let go of me.

Long story short, I got so frustrated that she wouldn't let me go that I pinned her to the sofa and threatened to hurt her :( she cried and ran upstairs, locked herself in our room.

I went to work and was only there for a few hours, I got back 10 minutes ago and she's still in our room. She won't let me in and I'm scared that I've really hurt her and broken her trust.

Should I just wait for her to come out or try to encourage her? I don't want to scare her anymore.