Teaching a cat not to fear baths?

I have a kitten that NEEDS baths on occasion. She has a dandruff problem which eventually leads to her scratching and biting, so I have a shampoo for when she starts that. I had to bathe her again today (she had her own poop and pee on her. She was mad that I locked her in her crate to stop her from running out the... show more I have a kitten that NEEDS baths on occasion. She has a dandruff problem which eventually leads to her scratching and biting, so I have a shampoo for when she starts that. I had to bathe her again today (she had her own poop and pee on her. She was mad that I locked her in her crate to stop her from running out the door while I had people installing a new washer). She shakes uncontrollably when the bath is over (she's not cold, I make sure the water is warm and I always turn the house heat up just in case) and won't leave my side after a bath. Is there anything I can do to make them less terrifying for her? She never fights me with them, for that I'm glad bc this is something that will have to happen every other or every 2 months to keep her itching down.
6 answers 6