Can a heavier person cosplay thin characters?

I'm a heavyset person and I originally wanted to cosplay as Junkrat from Overwatch, seeing as he's my favorite character by far. But after a while, I kept thinking "oh... I probably shouldn't cosplay as him. He's a friggin twig. I'm probably too fat to cosplay as him." And I just wanted to know what you lovely internet people think. Should I cosplay as Junkrat? Or should I just stick to larger characters? Personally, I think I could pull off a Roadhog cosplay and look heckin amazing, but I dunno.

• John

well you CAN, no one is going to stop you, but can doesn't mean should. the whole point of cosplay is to look like a living version of that character, so if you don't look like a character, you probably should cosplay them. i really wish i could be a cosplayer, but i have glasses and the only characters i see with glasses look nothing like me in facial structure, bone structure, etc, so i can't. i'd say play to your strengths, if you think you could pull off a good roadhog, go be the best roadhog you can be!

you can always dress up as junkrat for halloween since halloween is more about fun than accuracy anyway.

naw, do it.