Does God control the roulette wheel?

I understand that God is in control of Heaven and Earth. I also understand that He doesn't mess around with individual free will. My question is about CHANCE. Is there room for chance in creation, or does God control not only the Moon, stars, and galaxies, but the New York State Lottery as well?

Update:

If God does not control the wheel, what else does He not control? Where is the cutoff? Weather? Disease? If He IS in control, do accidents even exist?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • yesmar
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Best answer

Yes, despite everything else going on, we are subject to time and chance also. He does not "control the wheel".

• jon pike
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

If He does not control the wheel then what else does He not control?

• David
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

if one defines the natural world as the universe, if one asserts the universe created itself using natural laws that govern the universe one has a serious problem. For the universe to create itself using the natural laws that govern the universe, then both must exist before they existed which by definition is an absurdity. As a result the only rational explanation for the universe coming into existence is an outside cause.

In scientific terms, Creationists claim evidence from the Bible with corroboration of the observed origin of matter, and it is consistent with our belief. Evolutionists cannot say the same, and are frequently inconsistent, like life from non-life, exactly the opposite of laws of the universe; nonsense. Like wishing on a star, wishing for aliens or some form of life out there, or that pesky missing link, when there should be millions/billions.

Creation is the only valid model that is supported by valid evidence. A tiny bit of my evidence is given above. Or provide evidence of abiogenesis to refute this.

But we can still play the atheist pretend game, apply the pseudo-science of evolution and Big Bang without any evidence whatsoever and see if it makes any sense. You cannot rule out the supernatural unless you can objectively validate Materialism which no atheist has done! We're already starting with closed eyes and closed mind, so let's just leave everything to CHANCE. Maybe we came from pond scum on a rock, who knows?

So let's get this straight. Every evolutionist/atheist is basing their foundational belief on something that might be possible? That life might have happened somewhere if given enough billions of chances? It just gets more incredibly unbelievable.

Evolution needs millions/billions of years in order to be "possible." Nobody else needs millions/billions of years. But a probability is always based on “priors. Before you can find a probability that’s an actual number, you need to know something about the priors. You may have a tiny, non-zero probability, but if it’s based on priors that are themselves impossible, then the event itself may also be impossible. You can generalize the priors a lot, but you can never quite get rid of all of them, even though the evolutionist tries and hides them and refuses to make them foundational and open. This is not an irrational request; necessary for truth.

Given an infinitely large universe that’s more or less homogeneous (not empty but lots of stuff), then pretty much anything that’s remotely possible, that could conceivably be the result of a string of remotely possible causes (e.g., life), will happen somewhere. So, we can sit back and say things like, “well, there are X many possible arrangements of atoms, or quantum states, or whatever, and this is one of them…” and can then calculate a ball-park estimate of the probability of life occurring by chance; an incredibly small number of probability, but possible, at least according to what you're taught in school and over and over in the media according to the humanist curriculum.

Unfortunately, the answer we’d get would be incorrect, because the priors are messed up. While it could exist, it could NOT be "formed." So simply knowing that something is “possible” doesn’t mean that the universe can ever be in a state that would eventually lead to that thing happening. It's in these small omissions that makes Evolution a lie.

I can still use a slide rule, so I can adjust the scale easily back to thousands of years, adjust for post flood, and the Creation Model works perfectly, I immediately lose the contradictions of evolution concerning millions/billions of years.

Are you tired of the fact that atheism (which is based in materialism, a popular worldview today) has no basis for logic and reasoning? Is it tough trying to get up every day thinking that truth, which is immaterial, really doesn’t exist? Are you bothered by the fact that atheism cannot account for uniformity in nature (the basis by which we can do real science)? Why would everything explode from nothing and, by pure chance, form beautiful laws like E=MC2 or F=MA?

So far, there is no real debate for old earth, or model that works in reality. Hmm, where do we stick all of those millions/billions of years? That must've been fun. Check that idiotic assumption. These are your beliefs in your god/idol of millions/billions of years, dude, not mine. Cockamamie stories. You win the Fool's Idol if you believe millions/billions of years is fact, or if you think God is running some kind of gambling wager, stuck us out there and see what happens. That would be a misrepresentation of the truth. The Bible is our blueprint to life, truth, everything we want within holy bounds.

God's laws are similar to the Federal Government. As long as you follow the law and obey accepted rules higher than a caveman, you'll never know they exist. Break the law, and all hell breaks loose, and you'll find your world doesn't exist, only theirs. That is control. God does not control until the end.

• 3 years ago

Improper word: control.

God is not our personal baby sitter.

God does not micromanage the world.

Creation was not created for mankind.

We are not the center of God's reality.

The Bible contradicts nothing in what I just said.

• Jackie
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Gambling, (the Devil's game?). Gambling we must be careful about it. As just a fun game, win lose don't matter as long as fun and a game then walk away from it. When it becomes important, gamble away rent money, kids school money, every cent you get hands on, is Bad! Very bad! Remember when Jesus hung dying on the Cross, they gambled for His robe.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Not directly. God has already established the physical laws of nature, and leaves stuff like that to random chance.

However, the "god" of this world is Satan. Certainly Satan has the ability to change the outcome if he, or one of his demons, so decided. But do they do that? Not normally. But never say never.

--

• jon pike
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

So, that makes you a deist also, like Anony.

• 3 years ago

He is not into gambling, I figure.

• jon pike
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

That wasn't the question. The question is about "chance." Whether it is the lottery or a car accident.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.