Would it be a good decision to quit my job and start a business?

I am extremely tired of working a 9-5 job. Ive been doing call center work & I absolutely hate it. I hate answering to people, being treated like ****, and being constricted to a 9-5 schedule. I am currently in school for an accounting degree but my passion is my art & I would like to start that type of... show more I am extremely tired of working a 9-5 job. Ive been doing call center work & I absolutely hate it. I hate answering to people, being treated like ****, and being constricted to a 9-5 schedule. I am currently in school for an accounting degree but my passion is my art & I would like to start that type of business. I feel as if I am not making as much as I want to. My only issue is that I am a single mother and would not know where money would be coming from. I'm thinking of doing independent contracting gigs where I can choose my schedule instead of being fully confined. Would this be a bad idea?