What's the best tool set (socket, wrench) non electric for a beginner DIYer for auto?

House too but mainly auto mechanic. I was looking around and saw people mention Stanley as a good beginner set especially if you don't a budget. But I saw it sold in Walmart and then other online reviews made their quality highly questionable and I know the home depots around my way also seem to be pushing... show more House too but mainly auto mechanic. I was looking around and saw people mention Stanley as a good beginner set especially if you don't a budget. But I saw it sold in Walmart and then other online reviews made their quality highly questionable and I know the home depots around my way also seem to be pushing Husky and now I'm confused. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars but that doesn't mean I'm so unwilling to put down money that I'll shortchange myself out of buying at least a moderately decent toolset. Any suggestions folks?