Wouldn't this be interesting?

On December 19th the Electoral College meets to finalize their Nov.9th votes. Now before anyone gets to excited I do not think anything will change, but it is interesting to think about. There are no federal laws that bind the Electoral College delegates to their Nov 9th votes. However there are 29 states that have... show more On December 19th the Electoral College meets to finalize their Nov.9th votes.
Now before anyone gets to excited I do not think anything will change, but it is interesting to think about.
There are no federal laws that bind the Electoral College delegates to their Nov 9th votes.
However there are 29 states that have laws that do (they can still change in those states by paying a $1,000 fine).
Keep in mind that Electoral College delegates are usually party elites, i.e. Bill Clinton is a delegate in New York, George Bush Jr a delegate in Texas, etc., so vote changes rarely happen.
Bound Delegates - Hillary 151, Trump 135, 16 undecided (Michigan has not been called either way yet)
Unbound Delegates - Hillary 81, Trump 155

Wouldn't a major change of delegate votes be an interesting twist?
8 answers 8