i refilled my canon ink cartridge but when i print nothing comes out?

its a canon mp499 and cartridge is PG-510 i have done the reset thing aswell

Update:

Where is the nozzle? also the ink comes out of the bottom where there is like a metal line ( i think that is where the ink comes out)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

If you have done that before and worked (assuming the ink it's a little better than those other generic inks you get in the market), then the nozzles in the cartridge are obstructed, use destilated water at 80°C to unclog them. Don't let the nozzles touch a hard surface, use plenty of tissue paper below them to dry. After that clean any particle of that paper by blowing them.

If you do it for the first time, check if someone installed a chip to cheat your printer by making her believe the cartridge is original and press the button on it for 5 seconds. Then install the cartridge again.

If that doesn't work, there are good generic inks made in the US and South Korea. Don't buy anymore those made in dubious factories without a name and address. But you'll have to use them with a new cartridge.

If all of that is too much mess for you then buy an Epson with large tanks of ink, those are cheap and can print 10,000 sheets.

• 3 years ago

First, there is always a slight chance that refilling ink cartridges

may work. but the odds are not favorable for this to happen. This will be your decision and at your cost.

Refilling cartridges is simple enough, but at times refilled ink cartridges may work, but mostly not. Most printers will not recognize refilled ink cartridges, once the ink is exhausted, the chip expires. Refilling them may be a costly gamble on your part. So to save you any grief and money possibly wasted, it may be advantageous on your part to just replace the ink cartridge with the manufacturers brand ink cartridge..

• 3 years ago

some printers know from the chip on the cartridge ie its serial number, where it was manufactured and what its expiry date is. it may refuse to use a cartridge not issued in the country of origin or out of date. this is a guess as many makers are now doing this. This might also include the driver knowing what serial numbers are of the cartridges you have used/removed and should therefore not be trusted.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Print something large and colorful.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ashley
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

Did you peel off the little sticker where the ink comes out

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

try cleaning the print head with alcohol on a qtip

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.