Why do the Olsen Twins look and sound so much alike if they are supposed to be fraternal twins?

They look so much alike and their voices sound the exact same, so I'm starting to think that they're not fraternal twins and are actually identical twins. I've never seen fraternal twins or siblings that are not twins look so identical to the point that you can't tell them apart and their voices... show more They look so much alike and their voices sound the exact same, so I'm starting to think that they're not fraternal twins and are actually identical twins.

I've never seen fraternal twins or siblings that are not twins look so identical to the point that you can't tell them apart and their voices never sound close to being even similar. I've only seen identical twins that are identical to the point that you can't tell them apart and they always have voices that sound the same or similar.

In many interviews they said they are fraternal twins, but the doctor that told their parents that they were fraternal could've been wrong.

Back in the days when they were born, doctors used to only determined identical and fraternal twins by checking the placenta. If there was one placenta, they were considered identical twins. If there were two placentas, they were considered fraternal twins.

But sometimes the single placenta for identical twins can split into two, so doctors sometimes have made a mistake when determining identical and fraternal twins.

I've asked this question on Yahoo Answers before, but I only got 2 answers and both of them weren't that good.