How come when the inside of a microwave starts to rust sparks dont fly from what is obviously metal oxidation?

1 Answer

  • BriaR
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favourite answer

    The inside of every microwave oven I ever saw was made of stainless steel. What you see is not rust but caked on, burnt food residue

    • arseteroid4 years agoReport

      You're wrong my microwave is less than 6 months old and i wipe it clean after every use.
      The rust i speak of is where the back wall joins the bottom plate it is rust so why doesn't it spark when in use?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.