On average what does it cost to rent an economy car long term..say two months?

Just looking for a ball park as I know there are a lot of variables. I'm considering taking an eight week contract job across country...MI to Vegas. It's such a long drive, I'm considering flying in and renting. The company gives me 2K a month per diem, so how I spend it is up to me.

I'd say at least $200 a week, depending on where and who you rent it from. You'll just have to call around and get some quotes. Most are available online too.

• Pal

It all depends on location and there is no "average" go to some rental websites, off airport locations to avoid extra taxes, and find out what the going rate is in that city.

There is no "average". you don't even say what car you're looking at. Here's an idea. Call a couple of rental companies or look at their websites.

Why don't you go online and look? There are a dozen sites that can give you prices for your location.