Why do so many women get offended by mothers breast-feeding their babies in public?

• Jack

I don't know...perhaps they are afraid that their husbands and sons won't behave themselves?

Mothers can discreetly breast feed. It's not a public event. It's feeding a baby. When a woman makes a show of it, then it is wrong. It's normal. But it's not a show. I've seen women breast feeding in public. I didn't have a clue until my wife did the same thing. It was sweet. It was discreet.

• LizB

I used to think it was gross when I was young and uneducated about the subject. Now that I'm older, I've watched friends have babies and have one of my own, I know better. These days it still makes me a tad uncomfortable to accidentally glance another woman's boob (I'm even weird about it in women's locker rooms at the gym despite being in my 30s), I understand that it's MY hangup and how I'VE been affected by social influences. Nursing moms don't need to change to accommodate me or anyone else. Babies get hungry where and when they get hungry and mothers can't control that, and it's so incredibly easy for the rest of us just to just *not look,*

• Suzy Q

They don't. You are confusing a small vocal minority with 'so many' women.

As for why those few get offended: some people just get easily offended over non-issues.

Most don't, where I live it's just another day in the restaurant or the park or wherever. But then most people here don't even raise an eyebrow if they see a girl sunbathing topless on the beach either, regardless of the legalities.

Because they feel that it's unnecessary to do it. Try to find somewhere else or start using a bottle.

• Neil

So many?

I haven't seen that.

because not everybody is supposed to see their bewbs :D

• Wendy

Wishing it was them . or they think the woman has bigger one than her.

actually not so many