Phil asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 5 years ago

Is Nicola sturgeon anything more then a noise maker?

Not really, a jumped up little wind bag. One could call her a media whore, any excuse to be on TV and she is there. I heard she is doing 'I'm a celebrity' later in the year.

its obvious that she doesnt understand what the word democracy means

• ?

I wish I could believe her intentions WERE for the good of the Scottish people. But my money is more on the fact she's looking at her best interests and ambitions above anything else.

Personally I wish her well, but NOT being the cause of the break-up of a UNITED Kingdom which would be disasterous for everybody.

I think she's expecting too much in any case - a Scotland standing alone should have to apply for membership of the EU which the country may well not be qualified for. She surely can't expect to remain in the EU on the shirt-tails of the UK. Her current hot air may come to nothing in any case. Nothing is going to happen in 5-minutes and who knows what lies ahead for the EU.

she is a pain in the ***...best that she goes with her scotland..always moaning

She's doing her job as Scottish First Minister - standing up for Scottish interests, and she has every right to point out that Scotland is being taken out of the EU against the will of the Scottish people.

She is right to seek talks with EU about the practicality of an independent Scotland remaining in EU, and it is quite reasonable for her to call for a fresh referendum on independence, since the union Scottish people voted to maintain has changed.

If English right wingers are writing her off as just "a noise maker" I'd suggest it's because she's doing her job properly.

Yes, still leader of a political party, unlike Cameron and most likely Corbyn will be very soon

She is becoming an irritant

• I would have said troublemaker in chief!

If and by the time Scotland leaves the union, the EU will be a corpse. Then they will have no-one. A really unwise decision, I think.

She's standing up for Scottish interests which is admirable but she believes she wields more power than she actually does. She thinks she can bully other parts of the UK and Westminster into her way of thinking. She has no power to block Brexit and I hope Brexit leads to Scotland breaking away from the UK. I have had enough of Scotland and their constant whinging.