how expensive is new Hampshire to live in?

Of the New England states New Hampshire is the least expensive to live in. In addition to no sales tax there is no state income tax in NH. The taxes are high property tax (among the highest in the USA), gas tax and service tax (tax paid at a restaurant for example).

Many people (myself included) live in southern NH and commute to jobs in Massachusetts. We have to pay to MA state income tax at the non-resident level, so the no-income tax thing is sort of moot if you work in MA. NH still have lower cost for almost everything you buy including homes, which make it the lower cost alternative to living in MA. You can buy a much better home in NH than MA for the same $.

Distance are small too. I can be in either Maine or Boston in less than an hour from house.

Source(s): Lived in NH since 1996.

I don't know the exact amount it costs but I do know that it is expensive.

mobile home is a good idea

No sales tax in New Hampshire. People in Boston drive up to New Hampshire whenever they buy a television, etc.