Judy
Judy asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 4 years ago

What does an employer have to do to make health care contribution pre-tax? Pay it directly to the insurance company?

Yes. The employer must purchase a group plan, and make it available to all the employees in a particular category. The employer is responsible for paying the FULL premium for ALL employees, and for collecting the employee's share from them.

A) It has to be a group plan. It can't be an individual plan.

B) The employer needs a Section 125 plan set up with all the proper documentation.

That's a part of it, but a relatively small part. The main thing is structuring the plan in accordance with certain provisions of the tax code, such as forcing employees to keep the plan all year and not letting them drop it whenever they want.

What's the deal here. I don't understand what you are trying to ask. You are a tyrant. I can't believe this is happening. I'm so annoyed.

Hey sorry to be irrelevant I have more questions you think you could email my yahoo?

They do pay it to the insurance comapny

cant do that