What questions am I permitted NOT to answer a doctor or a nurse or a medical professional?

it seems that there is no limit to the number of questions that medical people ask me, it is like I have no right to any privacy at all - why do doctors need to know personal things like what kind of a car I drive or how much money I have or what I plan to do this summer - why is it any of their business. Why do... show more it seems that there is no limit to the number of questions that medical people ask me, it is like I have no right to any privacy at all - why do doctors need to know personal things like what kind of a car I drive or how much money I have or what I plan to do this summer - why is it any of their business. Why do they ask questions that have nothing to do with what they are treating - what does my mental health have to do with my knee ?