I went to a 5-star chinese restaurant, (Im american) they gave me my meal and they forgot the chopsticks? Are the waiters being racist?

This can be a common issue, where they don't provide the same service to non-chinese people. Some korean restaurants to the something similar.

I just asked for chopsticks and get over it.

Were there forks on every table?

I've eaten at Chinese places where they only gave people chopsticks if they asked for them - otherwise, everyone used forks, even the other Chinese customers.

they might have presumed you were a westerner and would use knife and fork. yes, they're being racist and i find the same very annoying as i can use chopsticks too.

Not at all. They do not automatically assume everyone knows how to use them. Next time just ask. I always do.

yes they are, next time they do it ask them if they dropped any change

• John

I mean, they dissed you so just shoot them.

no, they are just being practical. you PC idiot

why didn't you ask them?