Help. I formatted by USB now it won't play movies when I put it in my TV. It worked fine before, how nothing. Still works on my CPU.?

• Dave

You probably formatted it with a filesystem your TV doesn't recognize. What filesystem did you put on it? What filesystem does your TV require? My guess is you did NTFS and it needs FAT32.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/restoring-your-usb-ke...

At the bottom of the link there is a set of instructions to do what you are asking.

If you do not have a Linux install available, you can download just about any Linux iso and, using a program, write the iso file to DVD or even make a USB Pendrive install (see instructions on the Pendrive site). Once you have a Linux LiveDVD or Pendrive then start up Linux. You will likely need to change the boot preferences on the to have the relevant media chosen first. Once the Linux boot starts up, follow the instructions to restore the unuseable USB drive.

IMPORTANT: There is no need to install Linux on the PC. If you do, you will more than likely loose all data on the computer. If you are using the LiveDVD, just select the LiveDVD Linux option to test out Linux. Do not choose the install. If you are using the Pendrive Linux, make sure to not do an install.

JUST AS IMPORTANT: Make sure you are selecting the proper drive when you type in the commands on the command line when using Linux. It is possible and very easy to make the hard drive of the computer unuseable. You can check for the correct drive letter by typing <sudo su> then <fdisk -l> before you plug in the bad USB drive. When you plug in the bad USB drive, run those commands again and there will be a drive that was not there before.

The each drive will also show information about it with

fdisk -l

so that can also help.

Format it as FAT32 instead of NTFS or exFAT. Most TV's can only understand the FAT32 file system.