Fixing Condensation in bedroom?

The house I purchased had the whole bottom filled with dirt then closed in. But the past few months. The whole room is soaked including floors and wall trim. There's no heat what so ever in the rooms. There's one little gas heater in my room which barely heats that room. How do I dry out walls and fix this problem ? Adding vents in room or what

Like the first answer gas heaters produce water. It's a by product of combustion.

A electric heater is highly recommended. They are also healthier. Also with a gas heater your risking carbon monoxide poisoning. Gas heaters should only be used in ventilated areas.

Get yourself a electric heater. A oil filled heater is probably the best and safest.

You might want to consider reinsulating the walls

• Art

Dehumidifier, fans and some form of heater. Gas is OK if the exhaust is vented to the outside ,which for safety reasons it should be anyway.

Gas heaters produce water vapor, especially the unvented ones. You might try using an electric heater.

• y

Wood stove will dry that out but, My bigger concern at this point would be rot, mold, foundation, wood contact with earth, ect... You have no idea what is behind that damage nor how long it has been happening for.

your question makes no sense - NO house has what you describe, at least no modern house that has a concrete foundation........did you not hire a home inspector before purchase ?? that's what you now need - someone to inspect the home and tell you where problems are

Hi ventilation is the answer. so open windows during warmer days. to vent out the moisture in the room. heating a room also helps.

You have one big problem ... filled in with dirt then closed..

You can start fixing the problem by opening it up and removing the dirt,, START AGAIN MATE!

I am with ED you must change heaters ...more important you must ventilate ..open the window ..leave door open when not in use ...its you breath that causes the damp ...