1) Make sure you have signed into your account at least once in 12 months. If the reason for the account deactivation is because you did not sign in at least once a year, you will not be able to reactivate your account.
2) Go to Yahoo’s account sign-in page. Open a new tab on your computer browser and go to Yahoo’s website.
3) Log in using the login details of your deactivated account. To the right side of the Yahoo sign-in page you will see two text field boxes. Click inside the first box and enter your Yahoo account username. Click inside the second box, just below the first box, and enter your Yahoo account password. Click the purple “Sign In” button, below the login boxes, to proceed.
4) Confirm the Yahoo ID. Once you have clicked “Sign In” button, the Yahoo system will request for Yahoo ID confirmation since the account has been deactivated. Enter your Yahoo ID in the text field, and click the ‘“Confirm” button below the text field.
* The Yahoo ID is your yahoo email address, which is also your Yahoo username.
5) Enter the CAPTCHA code. Upon confirmation of your Yahoo ID, you will be prompted to enter a CAPTCHA code. CAPTCHA codes help to identify you as a human being, not a robot. Enter the characters you see on the screen on the text area just below the CAPTCHA code.
6) Reactivate your account. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the “Reactivate” button. This will reactivate your Yahoo account.
7) Wait for your account to be reactivated. The process of account reactivation may take up to 24 hours to complete. Be patient and wait for your account to be reactivated.