At which public school was Herbert Kohl teaching that inspired '36 Children'?

Yes; I have searched the Web. I know it was a PS in NYC, around 119th St. I do not know which one it was; and the nyc.gov site doesn't provide information about him (they have never been great fans of Kohl since he criticised them horribly in those days). I recall the book saying the school was within view,... show more Yes; I have searched the Web. I know it was a PS in NYC, around 119th St. I do not know which one it was; and the nyc.gov site doesn't provide information about him (they have never been great fans of Kohl since he criticised them horribly in those days).

I recall the book saying the school was within view, or within a very short walk, of the New York Central railway viaduct at 119th St. In that neighbourhood the viaduct is basically a wall, as though cutting the city in half.

Thanks for whatever authoritative answers you may provide!
1 answer 1