promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Have you learned the life lesson?

Update:

that your perception of a small number of an identifiable group cannot reasonably be applied to all members of that group? Muslims, African Americans, Whites, Westerners, Asians are NOT homogeneous. They are composed of individuals with varying beliefs, attitudes experiences and situations. It's not fair or intelligent to judge the whole of the group by what you think of some of the members.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

There is more than 1

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Sienna
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

A prejudice doesn't have to apply equally to all members of the group, in order to be rational.

It is enough that it increases the probability of being right.

In this, it is no different to any other information which is not categorical, but works on the basis of probabilities.

Think of it this way. Let's suppose there are two races identifiable by looking. Race A has a probability of violent crime of 0.1 percent. Race B has a probability of violent crime of 10 percent. You are a taxi-driver at night in a remote place. Let's say you decide to refuse a lift to a member of Race B.

Are you wronging the members of Race B who comprise the non-violent 90 percent?

No. Why not? Because they don't have a right to associate with you against your will, or to use your property without your consent, in the first place.

So the question is not, whether the rationale of prejudice applies equally validly to all affected persons. It is whether you have a right to decide whom to associate with and on what terms. It is whether it is okay to act on the imperfect information we have.

But if it's not, then obviously no-one would have a right to take action in almost all circumstances, and thousands of millions of people would die of starvation.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I have, but obviously, especially by your " Update " you have not learned Life Lessons... seems you are more a child or a very stupid so called " Adult " in YA's !!! IF, people could tell the difference between the TERRORISTS of LIFE , no matter their race, creed, color , religion , politics ... there would be no need for War nor Laws - the seriously bad would be DEAD and / or others would be in Prison till DEATH !

• 4 years ago

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but prejudices are part of human nature. If you're 10x more likely to bomb me or behead me than say a Christian or Buddhist I tend to frown upon that religion as a whole. This is just one of many examples.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

somewhat

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Oh yeah! If you don't eat, you don't **** and if you don't ****, you die. ****! You die anyway.

• no

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.