How do I quit track?

I want to quit track so bad. I'm not very good at it, but I don't care about that. I hate track so much and I honestly feel like I'm too young to be wasting so much time doing something I hate. I dread the meets more than practices because of how much pressure it is and how it makes me feel. I spend my... show more I want to quit track so bad. I'm not very good at it, but I don't care about that. I hate track so much and I honestly feel like I'm too young to be wasting so much time doing something I hate. I dread the meets more than practices because of how much pressure it is and how it makes me feel. I spend my Mondays dreading track, Tues, Weds, Thurs at practice, Fridays dreading the meet, and Saturday at the meet. The only reason holding me back is how everybody will think of me as a quitter, especially my team, coaches, and athletic director who is my chemistry teacher. My dad has cancer and it has worsened since when I joined last year and as horrible as that sounds I would like to incorporate that into my reasoning on why I'm quitting track to my coach. How do I approach my coach and say I quit?
9 answers 9