How should I feel after taking sertraline (SSIR) anti depressant?

Hi, I have always been reluctant to take any sort of anti depressants. However my depression has been up and down for 7 years and I felt I needed to do something. My doctor has put me on 50 mg of sertaline to take once a night and will eventually increase to 150 mg over a period of weeks. I have read the leaflet... show more Hi,
I have always been reluctant to take any sort of anti depressants. However my depression has been up and down for 7 years and I felt I needed to do something.
My doctor has put me on 50 mg of sertaline to take once a night and will eventually increase to 150 mg over a period of weeks.
I have read the leaflet and some online threads that the side effects are bad in first couple if weeks before il even out again.
I have just taken my first pill. And wondering how am I suppose to feel? Is it meant to chill me out like valium? A m I meant to feel high? When do I feel something?