promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it haram to eat human flesh if it's the only thing available?

I know that it permissible to eat pork, dead animals, or animals that have not been slaughtered properly if your life depends on it and there is nothing else. But would it be permissible to eat human flesh if you were in the same situation, say for example you were in a plane crash somewhere and the only thing available was the dead passengers?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favourite answer

I have no idea. All I know is that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be associated with any organization that explicitly says it's okay with eating human flesh. Whether I would ever personally turn to cannibalism is a question I hope never to answer, and I doubt anyone can truly know the answer to it without enduring such conditions that would require it to begin with.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 5 years ago

Salam Yes it is haram to eat human flesh

• 5 years ago

they made a movie about this, the survivors said they didnt know, but they did survive, while those that refused to eat, did die.

its a choice one has to make, i would probably choose to die. or more correctly i would refuse to eat, because it is a prohibition. however i wouldnt just give up ! either, if a person can live 10 days without water, and 20 days without food. where ever one is in this world, one is not far from civilization and can walk to help and shelter. i

• Fantom
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Since humans can survive over 30 days without food, I will seek water and shelter, and live. I will not accept cannibalism as my only option.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

If it's for survival you would have no other choice.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Cannibalism is wrong and is a sin. Even if one is starving, it is wrong to kill other human beings for food. If they're already dead...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.