What city do you live in? Do the roads in your city use painted lines or bott dots?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Zim
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

los angeles metro & orange county

reflective paint and raised markers- in my childhood bott's dots were everywhere, but now most new roads use the square trapezoid things instead since they reflect better.

wikipedia or some other road-geek site said cities with regular seasonal ice/snow do not use botts dots because snow plows tend to rip them off the pavement. those cities use primarily reflective paint for marking, and either recessed markers or armored raised markers that are not easily damaged or removed by the snow plows.

its funny that when i wa a child watching my parents drive around town, i thought the roads were marked with white m&m's. botts dots happen to look like white m&m's

• 5 years ago

I'm not saying which specifically, but it's in southeastern Massachusetts, and like almost all cities in the area, it uses the lines. But, on one highway which passes through my city, it uses those yellow rectangular things, which are raised like Bott's dots.

• Math
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Chester VA. painted lines

• 5 years ago

I don't live in a city.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.