Is this true love or an obsession?

When I was 16, I had my first relationship/love. Before we were even dating, I had this feeling which was freaking me out at the time. "I don't see myself dating him but rather spend my life with him." The worst part is the fact that he felt the same way at the time, even though I had never told him... show more When I was 16, I had my first relationship/love. Before we were even dating, I had this feeling which was freaking me out at the time. "I don't see myself dating him but rather spend my life with him." The worst part is the fact that he felt the same way at the time, even though I had never told him anything. I only admitted how I felt after a year of relationship when he said that he thought of me as the one. Due to the fact I was going to start university on the other side of the world, we decided to end our relationship. It's been almost 2.5 years now since we broke up. I have dated others, even fallen in love, yet I cannot shake that feeling off. I've had it for 4.5 years now and it does not seem to be going away. I'm 21 and I feel as though I am obsessed with my ex (whom I am still close friends with). I feel that something is wrong with me, am I obsessed with him? Am I delusional?
5 answers 5