Why do people hate the truth but love the lies that harm them?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago

The same reason they hate Jesus.

For example a person that is promiscuous fornicator having had multiple sexual partners confuses love for sex being the desires of the flesh gives them pleasure but they never will fill completely satisfied inside they remain feeling empty inside. If you tell them fornication is sinful or wrong can trigger a defensive response from them such as what's wrong with having sex with consenting partners they don't want to hear the truth rather they have accepted the lie they told themselves to a point of defending that lie at all costs. As for sins they give people pleasures and comforts in this world but they also leave them feeling empty inside themselves but like I said people will do whatever they can to protect the lie.

• 5 years ago

I really don't know anyone who hates the truth or loves lies.

I know that not everyone agrees on what is true... so if someone rejects what you're saying, it's not because they 'hate the truth' but because they think you're wrong.

• 4 years ago

As much as people state they want the truth, it is in our human nature to shrink from those truths that directly point our way... to us personally and individually.

It is then when the soul meets with the Truth in his/her inner chambers, is healed from the various wounds... that the heart utters in humbleness....

*Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with a lie.*

As we are cleared of those lies.... our hearts and minds see the beauty of being made free because of how Truth opens our hearts and our minds and souls. Until those moments occur, we are trapped in our individual caves, chained to those mistruths... which lie to us.

The truth can and does hurt us... like all good surgeries...can.

People are concerned and more fearful when it comes to having operations done... especially those of an unseen nature...

Maybe it is because we lack Faith in the Great Surgeon who operates in the realms where all of our Hearts, minds and souls exist.

• 5 years ago

Because the truth is hated by the world but loved by god and Christ and the real holy spirit ( which is prophetic power )

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Because the truth hurts, and sometimes its best not to know what the truth is. Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Truth is but a mere part of a long lie

Source(s): My mind
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

"Truth" is just a religious word. If someone tells you they know the "truth", they probably are just selling you religious bull crap. There's only that which is consistent with evidence and that which is inconsistent with evidence.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Religious people are too afraid to face reality and so condition themselves into believing these lies.

Either that or they're retarded...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

human basically does not like truth, from childhood he starts living in dreems, to hv girlfriend he show off,girls do make and they hide originality of them, people speak lie, when our hairs become white they again color it to hide, actually since childhood he is lying to himself.Human can not adapt originality .In all holy books it is written god is one, but man in all religion hving thinking that their god is different, they cant see body is not god.

• Jim3
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

They want to follow their own desires. http://biblehub.com/2_timothy/4-3.htm

"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, .."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.