Can you buy a car on ssi? I plan on having help from a VR person to help me with a PASS (plan to achieve self support with social security)?

I'm hoping to get a car so I can get a job and eventually get off of ssi. I am going to have a vocal rehabilitation person help me with pass with social security. It's a plan to achieve self support. That way I can have a better life for my daughter and I. also would be able to help my friends. I don't... show more I'm hoping to get a car so I can get a job and eventually get off of ssi. I am going to have a vocal rehabilitation person help me with pass with social security. It's a plan to achieve self support. That way I can have a better life for my daughter and I. also would be able to help my friends. I don't want to lease a car. I want to save for a brand new car out right with good gas mileage so I can afford gas while I drop my daughter off at a friends house and go to work and not have to worry about repairs.
Update: I don't want to get a used car. I want to get a car I don't have to worry about repairs while I'm am working to be able to get a job and can afford the gas.
Update 2: can't get a car loan as my income is to low. I need a car for a job as my town has no public transport. I need to be able to get a car to drop my 14 month old daughter off at a friends house when I go to school to become a nurse. Also I can start taking a couple classes online that would help towards becoming a... show more can't get a car loan as my income is to low. I need a car for a job as my town has no public transport. I need to be able to get a car to drop my 14 month old daughter off at a friends house when I go to school to become a nurse. Also I can start taking a couple classes online that would help towards becoming a nurse.