Are you teaching your kids to be successful or kind? A new study reveals?

If this study is true, and I have every reason to believe it is, this is a truly scary insight into the minds of our youth. "A recent Harvard University study bears this out. Researchers surveyed approximately 10,000 middle school and high-school age kids across all income levels and ethnic backgrounds... show more If this study is true, and I have every reason to believe it is, this is a truly scary insight into the minds of our youth.

"A recent Harvard University study bears this out. Researchers surveyed approximately 10,000 middle school and high-school age kids across all income levels and ethnic backgrounds between 2013 and 2014. When asked whether it was more important to them to be personally successful or kind, 75 percent picked success. Researchers also asked the kids what they felt their parents emphasized more; about 80 percent went with personal success.

The response caught the research team off guard. But it makes sense, they believe, considering that so many children grow up with parents and teachers who focus on achievement-oriented goals, such as acing standardized tests and getting into a good college. For today’s kids, high self-esteem has a higher value than acting selflessly"

Thoughts and opinions? If a person says they want personal success instead of being kind I don't think these peopel can call themselves Christian. Do you think there are a lot less real Christians than people generally think there is in the U.S.? It seems to be a scary study to me about the possible future of our nation and what is going on beneathe the surface. Your thoughts and opinions from a religious perspective or a non-religious perspective