What do you think of Obama starting to read Pope Francis books in the White House?

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- In their first encounter, Pope Francis received U.S. President Barack Obama at the Vatican March 27 for a discussion that touched on several areas of tension between the Catholic Church and the White House, including religious freedom and medical ethics. At the end of their talk, Pope... show more VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- In their first encounter, Pope Francis received U.S. President Barack Obama at the Vatican March 27 for a discussion that touched on several areas of tension between the Catholic Church and the White House, including religious freedom and medical ethics.

At the end of their talk, Pope Francis gave Obama a bound edition of his apostolic exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium" ("The Joy of the Gospel"), published last November. The gift prompted the president to respond: "You know, I actually will probably read this in the Oval Office when I am deeply frustrated, and I am sure it will give me strength and will calm me."

A few months later Obama quoted a passage from the exhortation in which the pope lamented: "How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?"

Pope Francis also presented Obama with a pair of bronze medallions, one commemorating the 17th-century construction of the colonnades around St. Peter's Square; another portraying an angel that brings together the world's North and South in "solidarity and peace founded on justice."

"Wonderful meeting you, I'm a great admirer," Obama told the pope as they shook hands.

Maybe Obama is seeing the light. God can work in mysterious ways.
Update: One cannot help but see the light of Christ if they meet the Pope. The Pope will also speak in front of the U.S. Congress this spring in 2015