Union Do unions really protect the employee? Or are they more concerned with filling their own pockets?

I am a member of United Teachers Los Angeles. My union, just last week got me a very nice 10% pay raise, retroactive to last year, with a lot of benefits to my working conditions. It would NEVER have happened without a union.

https://laschoolreport.com/just-in-teachers-union-...

"United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA), the second largest teachers union in the country, has reached a tentative agreement with LA Unified, according to an announcement issued by UTLA late last night. The new contract would includes a 10 percent raise over two years, likely bringing to an end the threat of a strike that has been in the air since the summer."

• Robert

Maybe 2% of the people who marched carrying signs saying how they "walked out" from their fast food jobs were actually employees. Look at the signs after Garner was killed in NYC Times Square: they all had union titles at the top of them. That's why so many were WHITE!

Depends on the union.